About Me

My photo
Infinity Volunteers is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to provide students with the opportunity to engage in humanitarian service, strengthen their awareness of diverse cultures, and develop a lifelong commitment to helping others by participating in projects locally, nationally, and internationally.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Opening Ceremony


What a welcome!  In the remote, tiny village of Chevuru, we were greeted by the entire community with marigold leis, live music, dancing, and a procession leading us down the narrow dirt roads to our worksite.  It was simply beautiful.

10 comments:

  1. These pictures are incredible, amazing, beautiful...just beautiful. The smiles on your faces say it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures. I am so happy for you Jen, and everyone else too. What a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell all the kids what these pictures mean to us back home. They are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Mary & Lori! These pictures brought tears to my eyes (of course, right Luke). I am in amazement of the unselfishness of you all- you are truly changing lives. Enjoy every minute of this adventure! Take lots of pictures Luke- I miss you so much & can't wait to hear about it all! Btw, Charlie really misses you too. He's been sitting on my lap every night & he isn't a lap dog...lol. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures and Colton I love that smile. It looks like you guys are in for a great 10-11 days. Make some memories and take some more pictures for those of us sitting by the computer!! Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ella, I am sure you are totally exhausted adjusting to the trip but we thought of you the whole way. It looks so colorful and beautiful at this ceremony. What a way to show someone your gratitude. I am proud of you and your group and know you will do great work there. Give lots of hugs to all whom you meet. You know me. Hug Hug hug. Love you sweetie. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, very impressive! Everybody looks healthy n happy. Looks like an awesome celebration. Kind hearted people...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to heated yoga tomorrow morning. Will be thinking of you all. "NAMASTE"

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a warm welcome! It must have been amazing!

    ReplyDelete