About Me

My photo
Infinity Volunteers is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to provide students with the opportunity to engage in humanitarian service, strengthen their awareness of diverse cultures, and develop a lifelong commitment to helping others by participating in projects locally, nationally, and internationally.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What a Wonderful Day!

Our days have been jammed packed with various activities, construction, and socializing with the villagers.  Today was no different.....

This morning, after breakfast, we did our daily yoga.  After that the kids went right to work continuing with sand sifting for the concrete and assisting with the plastering.  Late morning, a few of us visited the  village nursery to bring Infinity Knitty Bears to the children.....they are precious.  Later in the day we set up our volleyball nets and played badminton and volleyball with the local children until it was time for Andrew's Wound Care Clinic.  

The Clinic was a huge success!  Andrew gave a wonderful, informative presentation which Uma translated for him.  The residents of the village were so grateful to receive the much needed supplies to help care for their families.  Way to go Andrew!

Also, let me say that when the kids saw on the blog that the parents were thinking of having "Circle" on Friday at the Shea's house, they were thrilled!  :)

I will post photos soon.

xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Another senior project checked off the list...congratulations, Andrew! Even though we are back here at home, we are learning from your experiences of the overwhelming need that exists in our world. Col, I think your trip has given Molly some ideas! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like both senior projects were a huge success & both very emotional!!!! Great job Colton & Andrew--we here at home are all very proud!!
    I bet the todays pictures are wonderful. Have the sneaky suspicion that I may need my kleenex...again. Enjoy the rest of your time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I mentioned how much I love this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations andrew and colt. Ben, can' t wait to see the pictures you took for your project. Just got home from duck pin bowling....georgie kicked butt! Grandma kathie is having dinner at her house for dani, brady, georgie, alexandra, riley, patrick and keira...god bless that woman : )
    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could spend all day reading this blog - it is amazing (I'm seeing Pulitzer)! You have done so much (dedicate a community center, visit an AIDS hospice place, and do some cement plastering)... Mother Theresa would be proud! I sure am. And jealous, too. It looks like you're having fun to boot. Of course, I miss you, Colleen! We send all of you huge hugs. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew, can't wait to hear all about the wound care clinic. Looks like you did an awesome job! Hope somebody took lots of photos. I'm sure Ella's documentary is fabulous. Ella, hurry up and finish it! Do we have to wait till May to see it? We should have a preview night!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yo colleen, its jamie. I noticed youre only in 2 pictures...im ashamed. Molly wants me to say something nice so....i like your shirt....india is pretty cool...i guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. clarification - daughter's boyfriend Jamie, haha

      Delete
  8. Congrats everyone on all of the amazing things you have done!! Enjoy the last day in the village and take in all of the sites in Hyderabad. This is truly a once in a lifetime experience!! Love Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw Dr Ettefagh today at the hospital Andrew. Told him all about the good things you and the rest of the group are doing. He asked if you are taking your malaria pills...lol I reassured him that Ms Cunningham has it down pat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi D & E, loving the posts, and I am sharing all the photos on my FB page, lots of comments and "likes". Hope you are having the best time ever. No results yet, sorry Daisy, I have been checking the mail every day. G and I went to see Grandpa Bruce yesterday for lunch, and we got Lily Margaret all set up with her boots and bindings. We miss you, especially Alfie, even though he still thinks Daisy is so mean :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete